An Experience of a Lifetime for Startups, Scaleups, and Intrapreneurs
Event attendees will have an experience like no other – part learning, part hackathon, and full immersion – attendees will choose what they want their experience to be:
- Network with thousands of like-minded people – innovative influenceres, entrepreneurs, startups, business and community leaders and brands
- Learn from world-renowned speakers and mentors to plan, build and promote high-growth companies and organizations
- Collaborate and share ideas with top business minds, innovators and other inspired people to learn new best practices and tools
- Celebrate innovation with privileged access to attendee experiences, meetups, parties and the event-closing concert in downtown Kingston
The Breakout Project is a world first innovation experience. Attendees will have many opportunities to gain insight from experience in learning tracks, hear keynote speeches, and build new relationships with potential partners, customers and vendors – but this isn’t a typical conference.
This is a showcase of innovation – a new way for the world to see the inner workings of innovative teams and watch, learn and, most importantly, actively participate.
On May 10 – 12, 2017, teams will compete in Canada’s biggest social innovation event hosted in Kingston, Ontario. In just 48 hours these participants will work around the clock to kickstart 365-day social good projects designed to improve our community, society and planet. Thousands of attendees will rally behind teams while millions more will show their support online through social media and live stream video.
This is The Breakout Project.
A Unique Format
Each social enterprise project will work around the clock for 48 hours to raise the human and financial capital required to take their project from ideation to completion in just one year.
The Breakout Project will be broadcast live online in a reality TV format. The live streaming combined with the power of social media means that our global audience can be more than just spectators – they can be active participants sharing their own knowledge, capital and connection to support the teams they believe in.
Renowned speakers, experts and investors will interview and mentor teams from a live main stage at the event. Attendees will network and have the opportunity to learn and work alongside industry leaders as they support their chosen teams and projects.
Resources to Make Change Possible
Our online platform and media support team will communicate and engage supporters allowing them to contribute their financial and human capital to favoured projects. Attendees can donate a portion of their ticket value to the projects of their choice.
It’s a celebration of our human ingenuity, our ability to make a difference, our social innovation process.
A Breakout Year
Projects will receive donated funds to continue their initiative throughout the year. Supporters can follow along with the favourite team’s progress, successes and impact. In 2018, we will gather again to celebrate achievements and kickstart a new crop of projects.
Attendee Information Package
Download the Attendee Information Package to learn more about The Breakout Project, receive an event map, a location map, a proposed agenda, details on how to get here, and more…
A. Main Stage
- Live stage for keynote speeches, panel discussions, interviews with team leaders and speakers.
- Features live leaderboards tracking number of hours donated and funds pledged to each project.
B. Breakout Square
- Main event area open to attendees to mix n’ mingle and watch the live action.
- Washrooms available on this level.
C. Team Headquarters
- Housed in an open-to-the-public room adjacent to Main Stage and Breakout Square.
- Equipped with everything teams need to plan, promote and coordinate their projects.
D. VIP Lounge
- Reserved for VIP attendees with access to Guest Lounge with meeting rooms, full-service bar and concierge services.
E. Viewing Lounge & Patio
- Secondary area to mix n’ mingle and watch the live action.
F. Innovation Alley
- Interactive area for Sponsors & Companies showcasing their technologies, products and services.
G. Discovery Centre
- Check-in, get your badge, and have an opportunity to mix n’ mingle.
- Washrooms available at this location.
H. Food & Beverage Services
- Food, beverages and washrooms.